There is year-round activity in Regina. In summer, you can canoe, row or windsurf on Wascana Lake in the middle of the city. You can jog, walk or bike down the multi-use paved pathways that run across the community. Ice skating and cross country skiing is popular in winter.
Other summer-only sports played by all ages include baseball, rugby, football, cricket and others.
Year-round sports facilities provide for soccer, tennis, handball, lacrosse, ice hockey, badminton, basketball and many, many others.
There are several golf courses, in and near Regina, including five public courses owned by the City of Regina. You can also enjoy plenty of parks and green spaces, public pools and summer fun programs for kids.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders football team is part of the Canadian Football League and calls Taylor Field at Mosaic Stadium home.
We also have the Regina Pat’s junior hockey team and the Regina Red Sox baseball team.
Here are a few annual events, to give you a sample of activities:
- You can attend Mosaic, a multi-cultural festival; or visit the province’s largest arts and crafts festival, Bazaart.
- Each year brings music festivals, such as the Regina Folk Festival and the Flatland Music Festival.
- The Western Canada Farm Progress Show is one of the largest farming shows in the world.
- There is also plenty of summer fun at our large summer fair, the Buffalo Days Exhibition.
- The Canadian Western Agribition is the second largest cattle show in North America.
- Casino Regina and Show Lounge is a popular attraction year-round.
- The Regina Symphony Orchestra is Canada’s oldest, continuous symphony.
- Globe Theatre is one of Canada’s oldest professional theatre companies.
- There are a number of public and commercial art galleries.
- Teaching academies and community-based groups provide dance, music and theatre opportunities and performances.
← Questions and Answers